Intensive Mat-Plus™ – IMP
This course is intended for those already working in the fields of fitness or movement, as well as those who are unable to devote the time required in our Comprehensive Program due to work and/or scheduling issues.
40 hours of instruction and supervised teaching conducted over 2 weeks or 3 weekends.
Building on your industry knowledge it teaches you to design and lead the Level 1 Essential and Intermediate STOTT PILATES Matwork repertoire, for personal or group training settings for a range of clients. You will leave with a solid foundation and required skills to develop effective and motivating Pilates Matwork programs.
What You Will Learn
- The STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles
- Essential, Intermediate, Power workouts
- Flex-Band, Fitness Circle and Arc Barrel variations
- Effective communication and observational skills
- Verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
- Theory and practice of postural analysis
- 63 exercises plus modifications for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
- How to incorporate resistance equipment to support and intensify exercises
- Exercise layering related to effective program design
- Workout composition for personal and group training
Continuing Education Credits