Courses and Workshops
STOTT PILATES® Education is known in the industry as the "Ivy League" of Pilates education. STOTT PILATES® courses provide a balanced and thorough blend of theory, observation and practical experience to help you master the repertoire.
The Intensive course Programs are for individuals already working in fitness or involved with movement or physical therapy and those looking for a career change who would like to begin training whilst working full time.
The STOTT PILATES® Intensive Program (Level 1) is intended for those already working in the fields of fitness or movement, or those who have completed the Functional Anatomy course and meet the Pilates class requirements. The focus is on expanding student's current knowledge while delivering complete instruction in STOTT PILATES® principles and Essential and Intermediate exercises in a fast-paced format.
Intensive Program choices:
• Intensive Mat-Plus™ – IMP
• Intensive Reformer – IR
• Intensive Cadillac, Chair & Barrels – ICAD, ICHR, IBRL.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to teach the STOTT PILATES method of exercise. Upon passing the exam, they will be recognized as a STOTT PILATES® Certified Instructor. Only upon the receipt of their certificate will they be entitled to identify themselves as a STOTT PILATES® Certified Instructor.
Our programs provide a balanced and thorough blend of theory, observation and practical experience to help you master the repertoire.
General course objectives:
• How to apply STOTT PILATES® biomechanical principles of core stability, breathing and alignment to all exercises
• A complete breakdown of each exercise
• Exercise goals, muscular initiation and movement sequencing
• Modifications to increase or decrease exercise intensity
• Modifications for specific body types and postural issues
• How to recognize optimal and less than optimal movement patterns
• A variety of programming options to keep clients motivated
• Effective communication, verbal cues and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
In the Intensive stream we're looking for self-directed and highly motivated people with industry-specific knowledge and skills, as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ideal candidates include:
• Current health and fitness professionals with prior teaching experience
• Career changers who would like to begin their training while still working full time Admission requirements
• Working knowledge of functional anatomy and prior participation in an anatomy course that covers in detail the human musculoskeletal system and includes muscle attachments, actions and basic biomechanics. Acceptable courses include the STOTT PILATES® Functional Anatomy course or a university or college level anatomy or physiology course (minimum of 20-25 hours of in-class instruction). Online courses may be accepted provided they amount to a minimum 20-25 hours of learning and include homework assignments, tests and/or a final examination.
• Minimum 30 hours participation in Pilates classes/workouts
• Three+ years teaching movement or fitness. Applicants with a strong history of Pilates participation and/or experience instructing students/clients in another field may also be considered.
Entry level courses
Intensive MAT Plus Course (IMP)
Intensive Reformer Course (IR)
Click here for details about our entry level courses
ZEN*GA Mat Foundation Course/ ZEN*GA Equipment Foundation Course. Click here for details about our ZEN*GA courses
Intermediate and Advanced courses
Advanced Matwork Course
Advanced Reformer Course
Intensive Cadillac Course (ICAD)
Advanced Cadillac (ACAD) Course
Intensive Chair Course (ICHR) Next Course June 8th to 10th 2018
Intensive Barrels Course (IBRL)
ISP ( Injuries and Special Populations )
Click here for more details about any of our intermediate or advanced courses
Personalised Workshops/Courses at your Location or our Studio
Click here for more details
If you would like more information on any of the services offered by Principle Pilates, or you would like to chat to Chrissy, please email Chrissy@principlepilates.com or telephone 07817 262 549
Image credit: <a href='http://www.123rf.com/photo_10637508_female-hands-giving-massage-to-soft-bare-foot.html'>elenathewise / 123RF Stock Photo</a>